Monday, October 01, 2012

Bottle Flowers from Kure Beach

We spent the weekend in Wilmington and did a little exploring and looking for butterflies and fun gardens. You might recall the bottle flowers I took photos of in Durham back in February. For some reason those crazy Pinterest people have turned my bottle flowers posts into my top post having had 7100 visitors since February 2012. For the life of me I can not comprehend why people would have photos by others as the focus of there personal web sites.

 We found another bottle flower around the corner from these in another yard, so maybe someone is selling them.

These seem to be made fairly simple, looks like a 7 or 8 inch PVC sewer pipe with bolts set in it to hold the bottles by their corks. If this is PVC pipe I don't think the bolts or screws will stay firmly mounted a long time. The stem looks to be a section of steel pipe that is bolted to the red ring. If these rings are made from steel and bolts might hold the bottles a very long time.

7 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

I like those bottle flowers. Not sure about them being easy to make, my handiman skills are limited. I am still saving bottles. Not big drinkers, but have occasional wine...mostly German white wine (blue bottles!!) One of these days will get something done.

Unknown said...

It's funny, I've never been a fan of bottle trees--but these bottle flowers are really cute! Still, knowing our children, I think I'll wait awhile before adding any glass objects into the garden.;-) Just found your site, and look forward to visiting again soon!

Skeeter said...

These are really neat and so different then other bottle type trees. No welding talent here so I would have to purchase one...

tina said...

I'd love to know the artist of these bottle flowers because they are quite clever.

As far as Pinterest goes I do not like that website and can't understand why others think it is so great. But I suppose I will leave my views for another matter. It is interesting each blogger's take on it all.

Jean said...

Love the bottle flowers. They are really a lovely. It is indeed a wonderful thing to put in the garden as a accent. Cool!

Jean @ Cheap Sheds PTY LTD

Smoking Shelter said...

Check on overhead wires: It is important to make sure that your shelter is safe from overhead wires. Electric wires hanging loose from the towers can cause a safety hazard. Smoking Shelter

oakleyses said...

polo lacoste, ray ban uk, lululemon canada, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors outlet, north face uk, kate spade, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, uggs outlet, replica handbags, nike air max, oakley pas cher, sac hermes, abercrombie and fitch uk, hollister uk, nike air max uk, true religion outlet, nike free uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors, nike roshe run uk, michael kors outlet online, nike air force, guess pas cher, michael kors, converse pas cher, timberland pas cher, burberry handbags, mulberry uk, nike tn, north face, coach purses, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, coach outlet store online, vans pas cher, true religion outlet, hollister pas cher, hogan outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, new balance, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, ralph lauren uk, nike air max uk