Today was the first time I took off the upper brood box since it was installed in early July, not my best move. It should have been inspected the last time I inspected but there were so many bees and they got angry I did not do it. I learned today these boxes are heavy and replacing them back in the stack full of bees kills a lot of bees, I need to learn the best way to take them off and replace them so not to kill so many of them that crawl onto the top of the boxes.
I mentioned in the last post I got some 1 x 12 spruce for $10. Made 4 brood boxes out of it, they sell for $16 each it took me an hour to make them with my table saw..