Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day's 40th Birthday

Oddly I got up today and at 7:30 am I heard chain saws thinning the neighbors woods. They have been doing this for weeks, but this was the earliest I heard them.

Meg and I consider every day Earth Day, I hope you do also.

I went to Best Buy to get a camera bag(which was made of recycled products I might add) for my new camera and ran into this Earth Elf  Amy and got permission to take her photo for the blog. Hope you enjoy!

She was having fun!
We are still after 40 years not doing enough for the planet. Corporations and our elected politicians work for their own profits and rarely look towards the long term. Things are changing slowly. So here on Earth Day I raise my Yellow Flag which in fact opened up today! 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to the yellow flag, every day being Earth Day, and Avatar costumes! :-)
Frances

Ginger said...

Ditto Frances' comment! What is wrong with everyone else?!

This redneck I work with bought her grandson biodegradable BBs - I guess that's progress!

Shady Gardener said...

Happy Arbor Day!! ;-) I hate cutting down trees, but sometimes it's inevitable. I do continue to plant them as well!

Your yellow flag is gorgeous!

Curbstone Valley Farm said...

Lovely Yellow Flag. Although I have to say, yours is the second post alluding to dressing up for Earth Day that I've seen today. Am I that out of it? (Feel free to say yes LOL). When did this turn into Hallowe'en? Could have planted 10 trees in the time it took to apply that makeup :P

Town Mouse said...

After tabling for the CA Native Plant society until noon, I feel like that was better than nothing but not near enough. But then, there's only so much one can do.

Carol said...

Oh, if we could only connect to our world as the folks of Avatar... we might try more native indigenous inhabitants practices or even think more progressively and develop true green energy, but we must call congress and make demands for the same old dirty corp. giants are getting the dough. Great photos!

Les said...

I celebrate every day as well. During the last round of elections there many polls taken about what the most important issues were to voters. None that I saw mentioned environment concerns, not even on the radar. It is my single most important issue. Happy Earthe Day to both of you!

Gail said...

I am so not surprised that you and Meg honor the earth every day! It would be a healthier world if we all did. gail

Noelle Johnson said...

It is a never ending battle, isn't it? But, I feel better doing what I can in my little part of the world :-)

Dig, Grow, Compost, Blog said...

Great Earth Day post. You're right about the corporations and politicians (although I see some corporations taking tiny steps) but it's amazing how far each individual has come in doing their part for Mother Earth.

Unknown said...

jimmy choo outlet
ralph lauren outlet
air max 97
burberry outlet
adidas nmd
swarovski crystal
polo ralph lauren outlet online
yeezy boost
adidas superstar
pandora charms
mt20180711